|Browne Gibson Harvey P.C. (formerly
Clarkes P.C. and herein referred to as "BGH") was
established in 1973 and is presently the largest law firm in the Cook Islands.
BGH undertakes a wide range of legal work, servicing
both domestic and international clients.
- All legal work in connection with the use and operation of the Cook Islands as an
offshore financial centre
- Major commercial transactions including:
- the sale and purchase of commercial property
- the sale and purchase of hotels and motels
- tourism development projects
- Land transactions and related land issues
- Commercial litigation
- Company formation
- Shipping and fishing
- Compliance with government regulatory requirements including the Development
Investment Board which monitors foreign investment in the
|The Cook Islands is a growing international financial
centre. BGH was active in the establishment
of the centre and provides legal advice to a wide range of international
clients in respect of their dealings with the centre.
This work includes the provision of legal opinions to lenders and other entities
dealing with international companies and trusts, and litigation involving international
companies and trusts.
We are pleased to introduce the partners and principals of BGH
who, assisted by Staff Solicitors, practice in all areas of law.